Chris Kovacs ©2005
I saw the clouds tonight moving across the midnight sky,
I’d like to shake that feeling but as much as I try,
I’m forced now to look,
At the steps that I took,
I went from marching into battle,
To be lead away by a hook
It’s like I never saw these clouds before I met you
Now they're calling to me
What a fool you are, what a fool you’ve been
And I’ll never look at those clouds the same way again
I’ve seen the sun set over the vast Arizona plain,
I think about my plans both good and profane,
And I think of God’s grace,
Feels like I’m losing this race,
And I want nothing more now
Then to dry the tears from your face
I was hardly moved by a sunset before,
Now they're calling to me
What a fool you are, what a fool you’ve been
And I’ll never look at a sunset the same way again
I saw the morning sun rising over the mighty redwood
The blast of heat cuts the cold air I was beginning to think it never would,
And I can’t help but believe,
God’s got something up His sleeve,
And though it looks like I’m doing life,
He’s gonna’ sign my reprieve,
I always thought the morning sun a nuisance,
Now it’s calling to me,
What a fool you are what a fool you’ve been,
And I’ll never look at the sunrise the same way again
No comments:
Post a Comment