Sunday, October 28, 2012
I Woke Up Feeling Nothing For You
I Woke Up Feeling Nothing For You
Chris Kovacs ©2005
I don't hear your name,
I can't smell your hair,
There’s almost no pain,
And even less care,
I can't see your smile
Or feel your despair,
I woke up feeling nothing for you,
I don't see your face,
I don't hear your laugh,
I don't remember the place,
I first saw you at,
It’s like I just shed,
A hundred some odd pounds of fat,
I woke up feeling nothing for you,
I don’t hold my breath,
When the phone starts to ring,
I don't wish your death,
In fact, I don't wish anything,
I won't even put this to music,
‘cuz there's not much to sing,
I woke up feeling nothing for you,
I hear you voice now and then
My heart doesn't move,
I wish that somehow,
I would have discovered the truth,
A long time ago
When it would have been of some use.
I woke up feeling nothing for you,
I'm done with the crying,
Done with the pain,
I'm no longer dying,
To hear you explain,
Don't know when it happened,
But it happened all the same,
I woke up feeling nothing for you,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment